Sunday, January 13, 2008

Holy Mother

I have a hangover! I am too old for this crap! Yes, it was fun while we were at the winery tasting and drinking with friends. And yes, it did seem like a good idea to walk over to a local historical landmark watering hole and continue the chatting and drinking. But when you can't remember coming home and you still feel like dog doo at 11:30 the next morning, it is time to call it quits!! I am done. No more can I treat my body like this. I am getting old. Crikey, I will be 32 in about a week and I think my mind and body are finally speaking to me and saying, "We have been putting up with your shit for a long time now, and we are taking a stand! We will make sure that you will feel like this every time you decide to over-indulge in spirits!" So I have decided to listen. As I said, I am done. Now I need to spend the day trying to detox myself of the poison running through my insides. I wish I could take a nap..... for like the rest of the day. Tomorrow is a new day, one that I will begin treating my body nicer.

2 comments:

Mollie said...

Almost every time I drink, I feel like I was smacked with a two by four. It's awful and can rarely get past a two drink maximum, but when I do my life is ruined for a whole day.

AMANDA said...

Remember how we used to roll back in the day? Hangovers were never really a problem. Now, after 30, they are painful.