I love the conversations that I have with the girls after we have read books and turned the lights off at bedtime. I really should be posting more of them, because they are so honest and sincere and naive but yet so thought out. Monday night we had a conversation that was about monsters and how they aren't real and so the conversation continued;
On Bad People and Incarceration
Me: There are no so thing as monsters. They aren't real and are just something that people make up in stories.
Chloe: Yea, there is no such thing as monsters, just bad people that could take us away from Mommy and Daddy and kill us.
Me: (thinking to myself, "oh a wonderful subject matter right before bed!)
Janey: (obviously scared) People would take us away?!?
Me: Yes, they could, that is why Daddy and I tell you to stay w/us when we go somewhere. But I would NEVER let anyone take you away from us!
Chloe: What would you do?
Me: (really wanting to say "I'd kick their ass") I would punch them in the nose!!!
Janey: You're one brave mother!!!
Then Chloe went on to talk about how the bad person would go to jail and have one of those balls on their foot so they couldn't go anywhere, and how the police wouldn't even have to lock the door, because the ball would keep them in their room!!!
On Love and Marriage
Me: Janey, how old are you going to be when you marry Ethan?
Janey: Um, eleven.
Chloe: You can't get married when you are 11, that is way younger than when you get your drivers license and you wouldn't be able to drive to the church on your wedding day. Plus, that is also probably way before you even pay taxes!
I love how the put things together and the way their minds work. I will have to remember to post more of these. Enjoy my quirky little kids and the things from their mouths!!
Wednesday, February 28, 2007
Thursday, February 22, 2007
I have been such a lazy blogger, and today is no different. No pictures today either. But I did steal this from a blog that I occasionally lurk on. Nothing too interesting, but quirky little things about myself.
- what curse words do you use the most? I say shit way too much, and I know this because Nolan has said it.
- do you own an i-pod? YES! Best thing since sliced bread!! I use it when I walk and when I am at the computer and when I am doing dishes I would have it plugged into my hears all the time, if it wasn't rude.
- what time is your alarm clock set to? My hubby sets it for 5am, but I don't get up until 6:30ish
- would you rather take the picture or be in the picture? I enjoy taking pics, but it is fun trying to take pictures of myself for SPC.
- what was the last movie you watched? The Departed. It was a great mobster-esque movie.
- what cd is currently in your player? In the car it is a mix CD that I made of lots of Pop stuff. I like to blare it when I am by myself.
- do you prefer regular or chocolate milk? neither. I am not much of a milk drinker. The only time I want milk is if I am eating pancakes, which is not that often.
- has anyone told you a secret this week? not that i can think of
- when was the last time you had Starcrack Starbucks? A LONG time. There isn't one in our area, but I do go here a lot for a nonfat latte.
- can you whistle? Whistling is not a talent that I possess! Tom on the other hand can whistle so loud that it hurts my hears. I imagine that is what it feels like to be a dog and hear a dog whistle!!
- what are you looking forward to? So many good things that are coming into my life in the next few months. Our house being completed, Tom finishing his MBA, Spring, our vacation to the Outer Banks in June, me starting school again in a few months(hopefully)
- did you watch cartoons when you were little? Of course, I grew up in the 80's. That is when cartoons were the best! I loved Tom and Jerry and Scooby-Do( i still watch those with the kids) and the Smurfs, Snorks The Gummy Bears.
- do you own any band t-shirts? Yes. The best one is a Huey Lewis and the News shirt that I got at a concert from when I was like 10 or something, and I STILL have it!
- what will you be doing in an hour? Playing with Janey and Nolan and getting ready to fix them lunch.
- what was the last song you heard? MoneyMaker by Ludacris on my i-pod
- last time you cried? this past week. all the stress in my life caused a mild meltdown.
- desktop or laptop? we have both, I prefer the laptop.
- desiring any new ink? yes, I have something in mind that I would love to see a sketch of . It is much more meaningful than the tattoo I got in college.
- what's the weather like? Sunny(YEA!!) Warmer(low 40's) but windy and still tons of yucky black slushy snow.
- what were you doing an hour ago? Took Chloe to school and drove by our house. (We have a roof with shingles and all!!!)
- how many hours of sleep do you need to function? I could benefit from 8 or 9, but I usually get by 6 or 7.
- do you eat breakfast daily? Usually it is just coffee. Sometimes I will eat a little something, but I am not much of a breakfast person. At least not right after I get up.
- what did you do last night? went to church for Ash Wednesday and came home and watched OSU men's b-ball.
- do you use sarcasm?WAAYY too much. I actually love sarcasm.
- do you like mustard? I lOVE mustard. All kinds too. I don't like ketchup, except for on fries.
- do you sleep on your side/back/stomach? I start out on my side, but end up on my stomach. I did recently hear that it is best to sleep on your back to help prevent wrinkles, so I have been trying that too. Generally, I am so tired when I get to bed, I could sleep any contortion!
- do you watch the news? Not when the kids are around!
- how did you get one of your scars? I have a scar on my forehead from when I was little and fell on to a brick fireplace, but the best scars I have are from keeping three little babies warm and safe in my tummy!!
Anyone else want to play??
Friday, February 16, 2007
Yes, I have been missing now for quite awhile! It has been a hectic couple weeks. Between visits to the hospital and the kids schedule, I feel like I haven't had much time to do just about anything! Speaking of my Dad, he came home yesterday and is doing very well. He will still continue with outpatient therapy for some time, but he is walking and moving his arm incredibly well for just having the stroke three weeks ago. I know he will continue to get better because of his strength and determination.
Last weekend we had a VERY late Birthday party for Nolan.(About three weeks late!) He had a great time and loved his Thomas cake. He got lots of cars and trains and trucks and my folks gave him a retro Radio Flyer tricycle. He had so much fun riding it through the house. Come faster spring, we NEED to be outside riding our bikes!!!! Speaking of weather, you gotta love the cold, snow, ice and winds right?! Plus, I don't think the girls have been to school but three days this month. They are bored and have terrible cabin fever. As do I!!!!
Despite, the nasty weather, they have continued to work on our house. I am glad they are building it and not me, because I would have thrown in the "hammer" last week when the weather began to turn!! Forunately, for us, they work in sh&^ty conditions, and we have sheeting and windows. They will begin plumbing, HVAC and electrical next week! Get some shingles on that baby, and we can move right in!
I will post some pics of Nolan at his party and of the house tomorrow. Hope everyone has a great weekend and I think the weather man said we are going to be experiencing a heat wave in the next couple of days. High of 41!!! WhooHoo, break out the bathing suits and Coppertone Baby!!
Friday, February 02, 2007
we have part of a house!!! we are so excited and can't wait for it to be finished. sometimes it isn't easy to be living at my parent's house. it makes me feel like a kid again sometimes. hopefully, they will stay on schedule and we will be moving in 3 months.
we aren't doing a whole lot this weekend. we are taking the kids over to easton tomorrow so the girls can make a doll at friends 2 b made. (what a rip off by the way!) and we are also going to do a little shopping for house stuff. and then on sunday we are taking the kids over to see my dad at the hospital. he is doing much better. his therapists are really impressed with all that is able to do after just one week of therapy. i hope he continues to keep his spirits up and his determined mind. thanks for the well wishes!