Wednesday, October 17, 2007

What are people thinking?

Yesterday I went with Janey's class on a field trip to a local Apple Orchard. It was a fun trip and I enjoyed being with her and the rest of the kids in her class. BUT, I have a rant, complaint whatever and it is directed to the mother that also came along on the field trip and thought it was appropriate to chain-smoke the entire 3+ hours we were there. I am not trying to begrudge people of smoking(although I will say that I am not at all sad that there is no longer smoking allowed in public places!) Everyone is entitled to do what they please to and with their bodies, but chain smoking on a kindergarten field trip?! Come on. Not only are you leading a bad example to the 60+ children in attendance(all of the kindergarten classes were there) but it is trashy, gross and just nasty! I am not trying to come off "holier than thou" because I used to smoke and I know the addiction of smoking, but I can't understand not being able to go 3 hours without a cigarette for the sake of your child and all the other kids that were around. Sorry if this sounds pretentious, but I am so freakin' glad I kicked that habit.

1 comment:

AMANDA said...

I'm glad you kicked the habit too. I'm still fighting the battle, down to only a few a day (compared to a pack.)
But i totally agree that for a mom to chain smoke at a class field trip is disgusting. I'm sure her daughter is proud.