Monday, October 22, 2007

Little Red Caboose

Friday we took the kids on a train ride. We really were thinking of Nolan, given his adoration for trains, but the girls loved it and so did Tom and I. We had a spectacular day. It was warm, breezy, sunny and the leaves were on a colorful display for us all to enjoy. I have never seen anyone so excited as I saw Nolan when he caught a glimpse of the train. He immediately started yelling that we need to get tickets and see the Conductor. Which we did by the way! There were three or four conductors on the train ride and they were all 'dressed to the nines' and Nolan was completely in awe.
The scenery was beautiful and the kids had a lot of fun when we stopped, as Nolan called "in town" to the Pioneer village that was along the train route. There were 6 or so log cabins decorated in eclectic, simplistic and rustic furnishings.


I can't explain the feelings that came over me seeing Nolan on that train. I was in complete happiness surrounded by my wonderful kids and my loving husband. It was a great day. Life is good, very good!

No comments: