Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Long time, no blog

Janey's first day of school(today)!

Chloe's 1st day of 2nd grade


It has been so long since my last post! I did what I said I was going to do; I took a break from this blog and from being on the computer in general to take the time to be with the girls(and the little man) before they both head off for yet another year of school. Where does the time go? Chloe started second grade last Thursday and Janey started kindergarten today. Boohoo! She was very much ready to go, I just wasn't quite ready to let her go. It is all day kindergarten which is a change since Chloe was in kindergarten and I know she will do great and make friends, but I will really miss her throughout the day.

Chloe and Janey today on Janey's 1st day


Janey at her table in her classroom

On Monday my Grandma(Dad's mom) turned 100. Her name is Cathern. To quote Janey; "That is REALLY old!" Um, yea, that's old. She has been in a nursing home for a few years now, but she is still with it and whenever she sees us, she immediately asks to see Nolan. I think Nolan reminds her a lot of my Dad when he was a little boy, and my Dad was her baby. She is a fantastic women. Her and my grandpa started a business that is still in operation that my Dad and Uncle now own. They celebrated 50 years in business about 6 years ago. She has 4 children, 12 grandchildren, 26 great-grandchildren and 1 great-great grandchild. We had a cake reception for her on Sunday and *almost* the whole family was there to celebrate. I remember fondly going to my grandparents house and picking beans with her from the garden and then taking them into the house to "snap" beans for dinner. I hope I can have a life has filled as she has. By the way my grandpa(Dad's Dad) lived to be 96 and passed from an infection from a sore. He had brain surgery at 93 and was told by the doctor that he was as healthy as a 50-60 year old. I guess longevity is in my genes!

This lovely lady is my Grandma who is 100.

This above picture is how my son has been wanting to spend most of his days. Shorts, no shirt and his high top Chuck Taylor's. I wish I knew what was going through his head sometimes! The break from being on the blog was nice, but it feels good to be back!

2 comments:

AMANDA said...

Hi. Glad you are back. I haven't checked here in awhile but thought today that the girls were probebly in school by now.
Great pictures.

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you back & sounds like you had a great summer!