Friday, May 04, 2007

The most WONDERFUL day of the week....

I love Thursdays. No, I ADORE Thursdays!!! I like them more than Fridays, Saturdays and even Sundays. I don't really care for Sundays that much as it is. I think my college roomie over at Party of Four coined one of the best phrases, "Sick Sunday." How many years later(um, 12 years Holy Crap!!!) and I still use that phrase when describing something. Thanks Amanda. But back to Thursdays. I have always loved Thursdays. The weekend is right around the corner. But it is more than that. In college, Thursdays were the best night to go out to the bars dancing. It was the kick-off to the weekend. Now, I love my Thursdays because of the little tradition between Tom and I. Every Thursday we have good tv, a good bottle of wine and some, er, ahem, "grown-up" time. Not that we are prudes and schedule our time like this, it is something that has just happened. Nor, is it the only time we have "grown-up" time, but it something we both look forward to every week. Yea, I think I will shut up now! But seriously, I love Thursday's!
We have a busy weekend filled. Soccer tomorrow and some work on the house on our part. Speaking of the house, we are in the home stretch. The painters are there today as well as the plumber. The plumber will be putting our bathroom sink and tub fixtures and toilets in today and tomorrow. Next week, they will be finishing up the trim, installing the carpet, grading the yard and putting down the sod. I think, I THINK I finally see the end in sight. Hallelujah!!!!
Sunday, Chloe and I get to spend the whole day at COSI with her Brownie Troop and then to The Spaghetti Warehouse for dinner. I haven't been to COSI in 13 years and it has been longer since I have been to The Spaghetti Warehouse. Hopefully, they are both still good!! I hope you all have a weekend filled with sunshine, science, discoveries and electrofield-whatever spheres!! I know I will!!

2 comments:

AMANDA said...

Oh yes, I still get that "sick sunday feeling" sometimes. I love that you and Tom have you'r "special" night together. That sounds like fun. Have a great weekend.
Oh, and your last post about Nolan cracked me up.

Anonymous said...

Yay on the final stretch for your house!