Monday, May 07, 2007

Fun at COSI

We had a great weekend. Yesterday was such a long day, that I don't remember much about Saturday. Chloe did have a soccer game Saturday morning and then we took the kids to lunch and they came home and played outside. Tom and I rented 'The Pursuit of Happyness'. It was a good movie. It was depressing a sad most of the time, but that was easy to get over when you know that currently he is a millionaire. It was a good flick and I happen to have a crush on Will Smith. Not the same feelings I feel about him or him. Yum!(Those two are in fantasies that involve dark bars, too much wine and dark alleys) Um excuse me,I need a second......... Okay, Will Smith is more of a crush. Anyway, totally off the subject, rent it , it was a good movie.
Chloe and Janey dressed and ready to go to Chloe's Sock Hop at school. I made both of their outfits, thank you very much!!!
Sunday at COSI was full of discoveries, science, archeology and adventures. Chloe and I had so much fun, and it was wonderful to spend the day with just her. She is a budding scientist who has a love for learning. I love that about her.
The above picture was taken after she went on her archaeological dig and she found an artifact to clean and study. Doesn't my little nerd look so adorable!!!!
This was in Progress or better known as 'The Streets of Yesteryear'. We played pinball in a 50's dinner, sat in horse carriages, saw ourselves as news reporters on black and white tv's and got to stand in an actual telephone booth. Strange, my kids will never see a telephone both on any given street.

They had so many exhibits at COSI; Ocean, Life, Science, a real adventure looking for ancient pieces in a cave to solve the mystery so we could receive the gift of knowledge( I felt like Indiana Jones!) But Chloe's favorite exhibit was Gadgets. They had to lift themselves while on a chair using a pulley system. It is harder than you think. Just take a look at my girls strength and concentration!! She also had to opportunity to try and build a bridge and learn about physics and the law of gravity. Oh yeah, she and I lifted a car off the ground as well. Just call us She-Ra and mini She-Ra!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like such a nice day. Once Maggie is older, we'll have to check out COSI. I haven't been there in over 20 years!