Thursday, May 10, 2007

Zoo, Zoo the wonderful Zoo!!!!!

Today's adventure took us to the zoo. Janey's preschool class had a trip to the zoo and I was able to tag along. The preschool program that she is in is through a local joint vocational school and the "teachers" are high school kids who are in the child development program. So the trip today was a learning experience for them as well as for the little ones. I got to enjoy myself while Janey's assigned student teacher did all the work!! Her and I had a lot of fun together, just the two of us. I guess now I have to figure out something Nolan and I can do on our own since I was able to do COSI w/Chloe and now the zoo w/Janey.

We did buy a zoo pass, so if anyone wants to meet up at the zoo I am all for it. We have been talking about a trip to the Cinci Zoo and maybe the Indianapolis Zoo. I have heard they have a great zoo.This snake is the largest snake in captivity. It was HUGE!!! I swear it could swallow Tom whole. I really wanted it to stretch out so I could see it in it's entirety, but it was napping which is what a lot of the animals were doing.
This is Janey's boyfriend Ethan. She says that she is going to marry him and he is in full agreement. I have decided if they do end up getting married some day, this picture will accompany the invitation!!
We were disappointed in the zoo today. There were no giraffes or zebras. And what did Janey want to see at the zoo?!? Giraffes, zebras and frogs! They are revamping the zoo and they moved the giraffes and zebras to The Wilds and I was told that they won't return until 2010. How upsetting! I love the giraffes!
We have a jammed-pack weekend! Tom has his graduation on Saturday and we are taking the girls so they can watch their Daddy graduate. Nolan will be staying at home with MeeMee. Then we are headed to a nice lunch then to Tom's cousin's Quinceanera . There is a special Mass and then a reception/celebration. I haven't been to one of these before, so it will be interesting and I am sure it will be fun!!

2 comments:

AMANDA said...

Hi. Sounds like you are having a fun week so far. It's nice to have one-on-one time with your kids. Great pictures b/t/w.

Anonymous said...

Count me in on the zoo! Let me know dates and times, we can catch up and meet each others kids! Why didn't we think of this before?!