Thursday, April 12, 2007

What are things coming to?

I am treating my blog as a place where I can keep friends up to date on our life and my kids. But I also treat it as a soap box that I can climb upon and shout out my opinion or viewpoint. Or bitch and gripe. Which ever I feel like doing on any given day. So today's post I am sitting on my soap box and bitchin'. I am so tired, so sick and tired of everything being politically correct. I am all for people being treated equally and being kind to one another and the Golden Rule and the like. But I am tired of people not being allowed this so called freedom of speech that we as Americans supposedly have. There have been so many recent events that have happened that, frankly, are irritating to listen to. I am sure you all know what I am talking about. The media is a joke, and they have to rehash everything. Let's move on people. Thus being one reason I prefer not to watch the news. I don't agree with the things that Imus, or Kramer or that dude from 'Grey's Anatomy' have said, but it is their right to feel or think that way. And it is also everyone's right to listen or not listen to them. Right? I mean I have the ability to change my radio station or the television channel. And I can also choose who I would see in a stand-up show or on stage. Don't we all have that choice? Let me say right now, I am not racist or against any one's sexual preference. I feel all people were created and loved by God and everyone should be treated the same regardless of the things that make us different. Isn't that what makes things so interesting among the human world? Our differences! But could we all just stop walking on eggshells around each other and accept each other. People can be so self-righteous and catty. This judgement goes beyond race and sexual orientation. It goes into different religions, different political views, varying income levels and even working mothers versus stay at home mothers. We all think we do things better than the next. Why can't we all just accept the fact we are different, with different opinions and feelings, but we all want the same thing, to be accepted and loved and have a little place in this world that we feel safe and that we can call our home. Let's move on already!!!! I am now hopping down off my box. Thanks for the gripe session.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more. Freedom of expression/speech is being depressed due to an overly sensitive society.