Tuesday, April 10, 2007

It's April!! NO MORE SNOW!!!!

We had a busy, packed, COLD weekend!! The pictures of Chloe playing soccer are from last week. It was too cold and snowy for them to play this last Saturday! Even though it was snowing and cold, we dyed our Easter Eggs on Saturday and celebrated my Dad's birthday. We were all going to go out to dinner(14 people in all), but thankfully he decided he would be just as happy ordering pizza and celebrating at home. I was not looking forward to doing the nice restaurant thing with the kids and having to keep Nolan entertained while 14 dinners were prepared and then having to keep him sitting still while everyone enjoyed their dinners. I don't know if all boys are like this, but no joke, he eats all of his dinner in three maybe four huge mouth fulls and he is done and on to something else. Needless to say, I was happy about staying home where he can go and play when he is done eating.
We woke up Sunday morning to a snow covered ground and thinking that Santa had come, not the Easter bunny! The kids found their hidden Easter baskets and the eggs that the bunny hid, and then proceeded to gorge themselves on chocolate for breakfast before church. It's the only day they are allowed to eat candy for breakfast, I swear! After church, we had an Easter egg hunt outside bundled in our winter coats and boots. The kids still enjoyed themselves and loved their treats
Hopefully, the weather breaks soon and we get some of those sunny 75 degree days back. I am feeling down in the dumps with this yucky weather and the fact that I am not in my own home doesn't help matters either. I am officially in a funk. And I need a swift kick in my ass to get out of it.
I hope you all had a great Easter weekend and that you were are able to keep warm. I promise to myself, next week I will get back on track with the Self-Portrait Challenge. I find that I am missing doing them. I need some sort of creative outlet in my life!!
"Gotta get more eggs!!!"

2 comments:

AMANDA said...

Glad you had a happy easter.
I agree, this weather is depressing. Especially since we were teased a week ago with 80 degree days.

Anonymous said...

I hear ya sister. I've been feelin' it too. Looks like the weather will break soon. Then we can enjoy the sauna that is Ohio summers!