Monday, March 05, 2007

Weekend Rundown

We had a nice somewhat relaxing weekend. Chloe is having to go to Saturday school for three Saturdays in a row to make up the calamity days our district used for the cold and snow and ice we had. Saturday school days suck. I feel bad sending her 6 days a week! I don't think she is going next Saturday because Tom and I are headed for Pittsburgh to shop at the Ikea there for the new house. I am SO excited!!!! I wish they would build one closer, but it will only be a 2 1/2 hour drive (one way). Not too bad. especially with no kids in tow.

On Thursday night we had an awards assembly for Chloe's basketball program. It is a program called Upward and it is a Christian based basketball and cheer leading program for kids kindergarten thru 8th grade. It was such an awesome program for her to be a part of and I love how they make all the kids feel as though they have contributed to the success of the team. Well, at the celebration on Thursday they had an Illusionist performing his act. He was a pretty good magician! But he chose Chloe out of tons of kids to be his assistant for part of his act. She is so shy, but she got up there in front of a whole slew of people and did great. Unfortunately, I am a piss-poor mother and I forgot to bring the camera!

Speaking of illusionists, we had a movie weekend and one of the films we watched was The Illusionist with Edward Norton. It was a pretty good movie. I wasn't expecting much from it and I got a pleasant surprise.

The other flick we rented was Babel. Again, a great movie. No disappointments this weekend!! Check them both out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's so cool they chose Chloe!
Ikea rocks! When we first moved into our house we made the trip to Pitt and filled the van up with tons of goodies. Our living room looks like an Ikea showroom.
Also, we loved the movie "The Illusionest." Ed Norton is a cool cat. I have "Babel" in my blockbuster que and it should arrive this week.
Have a good week!
~Amanda