Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Kidisms

I love the conversations that I have with the girls after we have read books and turned the lights off at bedtime. I really should be posting more of them, because they are so honest and sincere and naive but yet so thought out. Monday night we had a conversation that was about monsters and how they aren't real and so the conversation continued;

On Bad People and Incarceration
Me: There are no so thing as monsters. They aren't real and are just something that people make up in stories.
Chloe: Yea, there is no such thing as monsters, just bad people that could take us away from Mommy and Daddy and kill us.
Me: (thinking to myself, "oh a wonderful subject matter right before bed!)
Janey: (obviously scared) People would take us away?!?
Me: Yes, they could, that is why Daddy and I tell you to stay w/us when we go somewhere. But I would NEVER let anyone take you away from us!
Chloe: What would you do?
Me: (really wanting to say "I'd kick their ass") I would punch them in the nose!!!
Janey: You're one brave mother!!!

Then Chloe went on to talk about how the bad person would go to jail and have one of those balls on their foot so they couldn't go anywhere, and how the police wouldn't even have to lock the door, because the ball would keep them in their room!!!

On Love and Marriage

Me: Janey, how old are you going to be when you marry Ethan?
Janey: Um, eleven.
Chloe: You can't get married when you are 11, that is way younger than when you get your drivers license and you wouldn't be able to drive to the church on your wedding day. Plus, that is also probably way before you even pay taxes!

I love how the put things together and the way their minds work. I will have to remember to post more of these. Enjoy my quirky little kids and the things from their mouths!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How freakin' cute are your girls (and Nolan too watch out for all the women!). I love the marriage question & how it came back to driving and paying taxes. Even more I love that Janey has a little boyfriend.

Anonymous said...

How cute are your girls! I love how the marriage question came back to the ability to drive & pay taxes. Even more I love Janey has a little boyfriend! That's so cute! Nolan is going to be such a heart breaker. You'll have to beat the ladies off him!

AMANDA said...

Those are so adorable. Keep them coming! And I like the new look.