Friday, February 16, 2007

M.I.A


Yes, I have been missing now for quite awhile! It has been a hectic couple weeks. Between visits to the hospital and the kids schedule, I feel like I haven't had much time to do just about anything! Speaking of my Dad, he came home yesterday and is doing very well. He will still continue with outpatient therapy for some time, but he is walking and moving his arm incredibly well for just having the stroke three weeks ago. I know he will continue to get better because of his strength and determination.

Last weekend we had a VERY late Birthday party for Nolan.(About three weeks late!) He had a great time and loved his Thomas cake. He got lots of cars and trains and trucks and my folks gave him a retro Radio Flyer tricycle. He had so much fun riding it through the house. Come faster spring, we NEED to be outside riding our bikes!!!! Speaking of weather, you gotta love the cold, snow, ice and winds right?! Plus, I don't think the girls have been to school but three days this month. They are bored and have terrible cabin fever. As do I!!!!
Despite, the nasty weather, they have continued to work on our house. I am glad they are building it and not me, because I would have thrown in the "hammer" last week when the weather began to turn!! Forunately, for us, they work in sh&^ty conditions, and we have sheeting and windows. They will begin plumbing, HVAC and electrical next week! Get some shingles on that baby, and we can move right in!
I will post some pics of Nolan at his party and of the house tomorrow. Hope everyone has a great weekend and I think the weather man said we are going to be experiencing a heat wave in the next couple of days. High of 41!!! WhooHoo, break out the bathing suits and Coppertone Baby!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! So glad you're back & that everything is going well with your dad. We need to work on getting together soon.

AMANDA said...

I missed you, glad you are posting again.
Good news that your Dad is home!
Have a great weekend.