Tuesday, January 16, 2007

SPC #3 To Maintain Peace and Happiness in Chaos




As you all are most likely aware of, we are in the process of moving. Tom and I have agreed that things are going to, well...suck for the next couple months. BUT, we have also agreed to remain a somewhat happy and sane family while our "routines" are off kilter. Now mind you, I don't care for routine, but now that I have kids I know how crucial they are at times and they do thrive better with a daily routine. We will all be in a different home that is not ours and in different beds and with things that are not ours. But I resolve to not "freak" out on the kids or my great hubby during all of the craziness. I will keep perspective of how things will be when we are through with this transition and in our new home and my kids can finally settle back into old routines.
Picture courtesy of Janey-Do
In a much larger and uncontrollable capacity, I will resolve to maintain peace and happiness in Chaos in the walls of my home. That being said, I do not watch the news. I know, I know how can I NOT know what is going on in the world? Well, I do read news on the web, but I don't put news on our television, ESPECIALLY when the kids are around. I find the "media world" to be disturbing, upsetting and all out cruel! I don't want to explain things like bombs, war, murder and terrorists to my children just yet. I will keep them in our 'bubble' for as long as I can. Soon enough they will hear these words and know what they mean and be familiar with their ugly faces. For now, we will concentrate on love, friendliness, kindness, giving and all of the other things that you won't see on the news.
Janey and Nolan sharin' a little love
*for more SPC Resolutions click here

1 comment:

AMANDA said...

I'm sure it will be a challenge, but once you get all settled in your new home, I'm sure it will all be worth it.