Monday, January 15, 2007

It's Done

It seems like we have had such a busy weekend! Friday we closed on this house making us no longer homeowners for a little while. It felt GOOD to be done with that chapter in our lives, now on to the next. We only have 4 more nights left in this house then it is off to Casa Folks!! Oh, joy! We are very appreciative that they are letting us stay there until our house is completed, but I would be lying through my teeth if I said I was looking forward to it. So other than closing, this weekend has been filled with yet again packing, moving and sorting through YEARS of stuff. I realize how really disorganized organized our life here has been. Does that make sense? For example, if I need to find an important paper, I know exactly which PILE of papers it is in. So, when we get settled in the new house, I am going to live by "Everything in it's place and a place for everything!"
Tom is home today for MLK day, so we are gong to be moving stuff to our storage unit in between him working on his assignments for school this week. According to his professor this class he is in is the cornerstone of the MBA program and it is going to require lots of work and time. I have seriously been contemplating going back to school when he is finished(which will be March 28th to be exact) but the thing is, I am not sure for WHAT?! I know I would love to get my teaching degree, but sometimes I wonder if I really have the patience for teaching. Being the complete and utter indecisive person that I am, I would love to hear some career ideas from you people!! I know that may sound really odd to be asking friends and complete strangers what to do with my life, but that is what I am doing. Just to give you all some insight on me, I have worked LOTS of different jobs mostly customer service related, but my most favorite jobs were working at a coffee shop and waitressing. I think because I love people and being around them. I liked my "regulars" but also everyday meant meeting new people. Don't misunderstand, I don't want to do either of these jobs at this stage in my life. Being in my early 30's and with three kids, I would rather not be working nights!! Plus, I want a career and I want to go back to school and be a student again. The degree that I already have is really useless for me now, because I have no interest in it any longer!!! I have thought about something in the medical field, but it has to be one where there is not a lot of gore and guts!! I told Tom the only kind of 'nurse' I could be would be a L/D nurse, because yes, there is blood and gore, but also there is a brand new life to cancel out the yuck! So please help! Bring on the suggestions, I am open to a lot of different ideas! Happy Monday!

* I know this blog is kinda weird and all over the place, but I am feeling like that is how my life is right now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about massage therapist? It's medicalesque and you'd be able to see people naked.

Seriously though, I think majority of us don't know what do with our lives. My advice is think about what you want to get out of the position, not just money, but task-wise, how you want to feel at work, etc. Once you establish that, you might have a better idea of what you'll want to do.

How about a lactation consultant? You'd be around new babies with zero blood & guts.

Angela said...

I don't know what I want to be when I grow up, either.
But, seriously. Do not become a teacher if you plan to still like people. It can be rewarding but it is very political and parents are nuts. really.
I think nursing would suit you. Not all nurses deal with blood and guts. What about private practice nurses? They weigh people. ;)
Good luck deciding!