Monday, January 29, 2007

Life

I have been away from many things lately, not just my blog. I don't know if it is appropriate to include this on my blog, but I do know that I have some friends that read it so it saves me from numerous emails telling it over and over. I have been away because after we moved into my folk's house the weekend of the 20th and were trying to get settled, my Dad had a stroke on Tues the 23rd. It happened when he was at work. I am very glad I was here so I could take my Mom to the hospital. He is in Columbus now at Riverside Hospital receiving therapy to help him gain mobility back on his left side. It was a bleed in his basal ganglia portion of his brain which is extremely rare, and was caused by strain. He was lifting something he probably shouldn't have been lifting. He is doing really well(the power of prayer is something I will NEVER doubt). He isn't able to move his left arm very well, and he is having to work on his walking. He gets himself around in a wheelchair right now. The doctors are saying 2-4 weeks in the rehab unit, then home for some home therapy. He is such a strong and determined man, I know he will recover. But, I have never been more scared in all my life. They are three men who I don't know what my life would be like without them; Tom, my brother and my Dad. I am so thankful that he is okay and will be 100% eventually(hopefully!) Please keep him in your prayers and thoughts. If you know him, you know he is a great, kind, smart, talented, loving, and giving man.
*hopefully I will be back tomorrow with a new SPC entry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweetie, I'm so sorry! I absolutely love your dad (and mom too). He always struck me as the silent type, but when he talks he's hilarious. Sending lots of love and well wishes to your family during this time. I work right by Riverside, so if you ever need a break stop by and we'll have some lunch and laughs.

Love you!

AMANDA said...

Your dad is the best, I have lots of memories of him. I will of course keep him and you and the entire family in my prayers.