Thursday, February 21, 2008

Silence

I have been feeling quiet lately. Honestly, I feel like I don't have a whole lot to blog about that would be worth reading. I have a major case of the winter blahs. I am finding that every winter that comes, I hate it a little more. Tom has been teasing me that in a few years he will be able to go anywhere for a job within the government. It is sounding more and more appealing. I know our families and roots are here, but I am so sick of cold and snow and sleet. Winter can kiss my (thanks to lack of sunshine) white ass!!
Like I said before I did get the job that I was hoping to get. I start on Monday. I will be working at a local Huntington Bank as a Customer Service Representative, a glorified 'teller'. I have a good bit of experience in banking and I have to say that I am excited to start. The hours are 11am-3pm during the week and 8:15-12:15 on Saturday mornings. I may have Mondays off. Still don't know for sure. Tom's mom and my mom have agreed to watch Nolan while I am working and he will start preschool in the fall going from noon until 3:15pm. It is perfect for our schedule. My mom or Tom's mom will take him to school and I will pick him up. We are looking into the YMCA summer day camp for the girls this summer. I know they would love it; it's just getting them enrolled and paying for it! Not cheap!!!
So, in a nutshell that is pretty much it for me and us here. I told you that things have been uneventful around here. Hopefully soon I will feel more inspired and creative. But for now all my energy is trying to beat off the winter hum-drums! Please Spring, come soon!!

2 comments:

Mollie said...

Great news on the job! Winter does stink big time, I want to move to San Diego, wanna come? We'll build our own community.

AMANDA said...

Congrats on the job. See, everything worked out with the schedule. That's great.
I hear you on the winter blahs. I am going loco over here.