Friday, February 01, 2008

A few of MY favorite things.....

Taking inspiration from Amanda I have decided to post what I am loving right now.


Before our dinner out last weekend for my birthday Tom and I stopped into one of the stores in Columbus. I LOVE bookstores, I especially love to spend time in them when I : A) Don't have my kids with me and B) they are all much cheaper than the price at Barnes and Noble. Who cares if they have been read. They have jsut been loved and enjoyed by others. I have been reading a lot more than usual especially because of the strike and how crappy tv is! I picked up 'Middlesex', 'Emma and Me' and for a whopping buck, I bought 'Sex in the City'. Yes, I have seen every episode umpteen times, but I thought for a buck it would be enjoyable reading!
  • Nolan going pee-pee in the potty consistantly!


Yes, consistantly is the key word here. He still won't poo in the potty. But we can go virtually all day with no pull-ups and he goes into the bathroom when needed without me asking every 10 minutes! I see a diaper and pull-up free life in my very near future!

  • The idea of warmer spring weather on the horizon.


Yeah, I know it is only the first day of February( one of the shittiest months ever, only to be out done by March!) and being that we live in Central Ohio and will probably see cold and snow and sleat until late April sometime. But the thought of Spring is what gets me through the next couple months of winter. It helps me, so shut up about the fact that it is only February!

  • The prospect of a job soon!


I don't want to jinx anything, so I am not saying much. But it is something that I like, I am good at it and the hours can't be beat! 11am-3pm Monday through Friday. Occasionally a Saturday morning. I can deal with that!! Keep all fingers crossed for me!

  • The great news we received last night at our parent-teacher conference!


Janey is doing great and is learning to read and seems to be a little leader in her class. But Chloe amazes me!! She is now reading at the begininng of a fourth grade level. If you don't know she is in second grade. I am so proud of her!


I am sure this stuff is so fatty boom batty, but it is delicious!! I have made it for the National Championship Game, New Year's and now I am making it for the Super Bowl. Try it, it is so good!!

Are you lovin' something today?!?

1 comment:

Angela said...

Emma and Me is one of the best books I've read in a long, long time.
Good luck with the job. Can't wait to hear about it. Those are awesome hours!!!