Friday, December 21, 2007

Christmasy Stuff

Our Christmas card pic of the kids, which most of you received!
We have been up to all things Christmasy lately. Shopping, driving around listening to Christmas songs and looking at the lights, baking cookies, making chex mix, making these yummy treats, having grown-up treats in the evening with a fire in the fireplace. I look this time of the year! I do feel a bit behind because I haven't wrapped one present, and we are celebrating Christmas with my family on Saturday. That is one my agenda for today as well as going to the grocery. I could use some ideas for Christmas dinner. We always have my parents over for dinner on Christmas evening and I ALWAYS fix my lasagna. It is really good, but I want to fix something different. I am open to any ideas you can offer. Also, I need a new mixed drink to fix. It is a tradition for Tom and I to make a mixed drink and enjoy them while we are doing "Santa" things on Christmas Eve. We have done cosmos, old fashioned's, rum and cokes, appletinis and these (which are delicious by the way!) just to name a few. So again I am open to ideas!!
For the kiddos and Santa

For the grown-ups!

I might be posting before Christmas, it really depends on how much time I feel like I have. If I don't, I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Solstice, Holiday or a Nothing ~whatever your thing is!

2 comments:

Angela said...

I'm hooked on pomegranite martinis at the moment- YUM!
For Christmas eve... how about some Italian wedding soup AND lasagna. yum!

AMANDA said...

Merry x-mas. i have the kids picture hanging up. they are all so precious.
Bob and I usually have a few cocktails while doing the "santa" stuff also. I rarely make mixed drinks, i'm too lazy. I stick with wine, or bailys with coffee on a snowy night.