Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Technology I tell Ya.....

The sleep over on Saturday night went well. It wore me out, but it went well. They had pizza and cake and ice cream, played Hullabaloo(which is a 21st century Twister), did sparklers, caught lightning bugs, and watch this AND this! They had a fun-filled night! I did notice that even at 7 years of age, girls are clicky and catty. I told Chloe never again would we have two friends over at a time for a sleepover. Two girls always pair up and leave the other one out in the wind. Boys are different. Their thinking is 'the more the merrier'. But not girls. Why on earth do girls have to be that way. I hoped my girls would be different, for I am not raising them to be that way. I wasn't that way. I had two best friends as a girl/preteen that we always got along when we were together. We always had fun together and I have some great memories of Alex and Jennifer and me. Plus, in college I got along well with the girls I lived with.(Hi Amanda and Mollie!) We weren't catty and bitchy! Hopefully, I can instill a little bit more into Chloe so she doesn't end up like 'one of those girls'.
On to the whole technology thing......we have a new obsession in our house, it is the Webkinz. Chloe got one for her birthday and it has become all that she wants to do. Go online and shop for it, play with it, take it to the doctors, feed it. It is crazy! But the thing is, it is just a stuffed Panda. A stuffed animal that you bring to 'life' and play interactively with online. I am sure I am like way behind the times like everything else these days, but supposedly these things are really popular among the elementary folks and are the new 'hot item'. Damn, I wish I would have come up with the idea.....
Have a great 4th!
Peace~Love and Happiness

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Girls freak me out. I worry about Maggie in school. I like to think if they have enough self-assurance they will be okay. Have a beautiful holiday.