Monday, March 12, 2007

Monday Monday

I just have to say that it is 55 degrees right now, and tomorrow it is going to be 70!!! Hallelujah! Spring has Sprung!! Unfortunately, not for long. Son of a...... !!!!! We took the kiddos to an awesome playground yesterday and they also rode their bikes and scooters on the path nearby. What a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon. Then they begged us to go out again after dinner, and with it still being warm and light out, how could we not oblige!!! Come on nice weather for good!
Our trip to Pitt was quite an adventure. Being newbies to shop at an Ikea, I felt as though I was going to an amusement park. The parking lot was huge and there were flags everywhere waving in the wind crying out, "Ikea, Ikea, Ikea!" Then we actually entered the store with mobs of people. I think Tom and I touched almost everything in the place because we could not believe how cheap the stuff was. I think we were both thinking as soon as we touched it or shook the furniture they would just fall apart into heaps of particle board. Not so! We ended up with a bed for us, a dresser, 2 nightstands, drawer units for our walk-in closet, a dresser for Nolan, a mirror, sheets, curtains, a down comforter and some other odds and ends for a mere $875!!! Holy crap! Can that be possible? I just hope between the two of us we can manage to put it all together! I will be shopping from them again, but not until the one that they are building closer to us is finished next spring.
Moving on to Janey. Things seem to be fine with her. The Dr said that based on preliminary readings of the x-ray it doesn't appear to be reflux. That is great, because now we won't have to have her on low dose antibiotics until she is 5 or 6. I don't like antibiotics and only want the kids to take them if it is absolutely necessary. My poor baby had to endure a catheter, which was awful for her. But stickers and a Graeter's ice cream cone made it all better. My brave, brave big girl. I am very proud of her.
For those of you that asked, the Tooth Fairy brought Chloe $1 each for her bottom teeth that she lost, but she must have felt generous for that first front top tooth, because that generated $2 whole dollars under her pillow!! Talk about inflation! I think the most I ever got was 50 cents!!

*edited to add.* Janey's ped just called and said although there were no signs of reflux, there seemed to be some calcification of her right kidney, and we have to take her back to Children's in a month for another ultrasound on her kidneys. I have no idea what calcification is. Off to search it on WebMD......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Ikea, we went to the one in Atlanta a few years ago & had a blast. Not to mention the food in the cafeteria is really good.

AMANDA said...

Keep us updated after you check out WEB MD.
So glad to hear your IKEA trip was a success!