Friday, July 20, 2007

Crayons, Rulers and Pencils....Oh My!!!


I love, LOVE school supplies! I am not sure what it is about them, but I adore them. I love the newness of a just sharpened pencil, all the untouched rainbow of colors in the crayon box, the freshness of a new notebook. I even love the smell of school supplies. I am like a kid in a candy store when I walk down the Back-To-School aisle at the store. I want it all!! I have a hard time sticking to the list of supplies needed for each grade. Even as a kid, I loved the time of summer right before school started when I was able to get all of my back to school supplies and clothes, but I still had a few weeks of summer left to enjoy. Weird I know. What kid actually looks forward to the start of a new school year?! I did, and I still do. I will miss my girls as we return to a schedule in our daily lives with school and other activities, but I am excited for what a new school year will bring for them. Chloe will be in second grade and Janey will start kindergarten. All day kindergarten. I am a bit concerned to how she will do being in school all day, but she is anxious and ready to begin.
I encourage you all to go and roam the school supplies aisles at your local stores. Buy some new crayons or a box of pencils and reminisce about the days when we all had our back packs full and our new Muppets or Pac-Man(whatever your liking was) lunch boxes and the world was our oyster!
Have a great weekend!

No comments: