Thursday, April 26, 2007

update

an update on my friend; she had a little boy yesterday at around 4:00pm. He was just shy of 500 grams. I spoke with her last night and they were able to decrease his oxygen to 30%, so he was breathing some on his own. Wonderful news!! Unfortunately, he does have a tough road ahead of him and he has to meet quite a few benchmarks before he will be able to go home. She told me that they most likely will discharge him closer to his due date which is in late August. Thank you to all who prayed for her and the baby. Miracles do happen. Oh, they named him Luke.
We have had an uneventful week. Just counting down the days until the house is finished. Which, couldn't happen sooner. I know I have bitched and moaned about this many times, but seriously, i think I am on the verge of crazy here. I feel like Melvin Udoll(sp?) in As Good As it Gets when the lady comes knocking and he tells her to sell crazy somewhere else, because he is all stocked up at his place. That sums up how I feel. I don't think I can take much more. On a positive note, they have begun to lay the wood floor and all the flooring is in in the upstairs bathrooms and laundry room. The cabinets and counter tops are in, the fireplace is done and the doors and trim are all painted. So really, it is finishing the floors, installing the fixtures, finishing the plumbing. Hopefully, only 2-3 more weeks at the most! We are going by tonight with the camera so I will post some pictures tomorrow.
So excited for this evening, it is a bottle of wine and Grey's Anatomy night! Yipee!!

1 comment:

AMANDA said...

Thanks for the update. I will continue to keep her and the baby in my prayers.