Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Liar, liar pants on fire!

Okay, I am a terrible mother. I have started telling lies to my children so they will behave better. We, or really just me; have been telling the girls that every time they lie or fail to tell the truth, their nose will grow. Only a tiny bit, but the more they tell the bigger it gets. And it will shrink back if they go a long period of time without telling a fib. Also, I have been misinforming them that if they do not listen to their Daddy and Mommy, their ears will grow. I know, I know I am terrible! But you want to know something?!? IT IS WORKING!!!!!!! We have been having potty issues with Janey and her just not wanting to go. So now, whenever she feels like she has to go potty, she runs up to me and says,"Mommy, is my nose growing?" To which I reply, "Do you have to potty?, because it is growing a little bit." And off she runs to the bathroom. Why, oh why did I not think of the ridiculously simple solution before? Now, if I can just get Nolan to understand what I am saying!
In other news, we have siding on our house! I am so flippin' excited! And they have begun the process to pour our basement. They work so backwards to me. But what the hell do I know about building a house?! I am so glad we picked the color that we did for the siding. It is like a sageish gray with white trim. (I will post pics tomorrow) I was afraid that we wouldn't like the color once it went up on the house. I am actually afraid that we won't like other color choices that we made either. It is so hard to pick a color from a 12 inch square that will cover an entire two-story house, or the floor of all the rooms. Yes, that little square looks quite pretty, but what will it look like when you see a much larger scale of it? Fortunately, we are liking this first choice .
This is the second to last night of class for Tom!! Next week is his last week, and he just completed his last paper..... FOREVER!!!!!!! I am so excited and proud of him. I can't imagine doing the work he has done for this MBA, plus a full-time job, plus 3 kids, plus moving, plus building a house, plus, plus, plus=stress, stress, stress!!!!!! But he is done, with like a 3.7 GPA or close to that, something I never saw in college!! Hope everyone is having a warm and sunny and happy week!

3 comments:

AMANDA said...

Congrats to Tom!
And I love the nose growing trick. I'll have to try that when the time comes!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the pics of the new house. Sounds great!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the pics of the new house. Sounds great!