Thursday, December 14, 2006

HELP!

I think I had my first anxiety attack today. I am feeling the pressure and stress of moving and Christmas and three kids and a husbund in school and the idea of all of us living with my folks and the list goes on! I keep telling myself that these problems are so trivial compared to others out there, and I am really appreciative of everything, really! But I have to admit, I have freaked out once or twice(if you asked Tom, he would say I have freaked quite a bit more). We had a moving company come over today to give us an estimate for packing and moving our things. Let's just say, we will be doing it all ourselves! Their estimate was for $3200, plus $200/month storage fees. WTF! It is literally a 5 minute drive to their warehouse from this house and another 5 minute drive from the warehouse to our new house!!! I would rather take that money and buy some new furniture for the house. Plus, we need to buy all new appliances and a new washer/dryer. I think i need to start a moving business!!! Hopefully, with a big storage unit and a couple of friends and family's basements we will be able to store all of our stuff at a minimal cost.
Not only do I have packing to do, but also I have yet to wrap one present! And because of the two girls, we have to bake cookies. Why can't there be more than 24 hours in a day!
Tonight, Janey has ballet and Chloe has her first basketball practice and then we are off to the Roll-A-Way for a skating party for Chloe's school. I will post some pics of that tomorrow! I do not roller skate. I tried last year and realized I am too old and it seems like such a far fall to the floor anymore! Tom and the girls skate and love it. Nolan and I like to hang out and watch. Tom said we are kinda like the scummy kids that used to go the the roller rink to just play video games and make out in the tv room and never skate!!! (I'm sure you ALL remember those days!)
Sorry for no pics today, again, I have been a BIT busy and preoccupied! I will post some tomorrow. If I don't post for awhile, it is either because I have been sent to the nut house, or I am actually DOING the things on my mile long to-do list and not just bitching about them!

1 comment:

AMANDA said...

I would be freaking out too, there's a lot on your plate right now. And yes, what a rip off w/ the moving company!
Take a deep breath and think of the beautiful home you all will be moving in to.
Have a good weekend. Relax if you can.